Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Shingles! Brick! New Dig! And my own version of Vandalism! I'm part of another group!

Well yesterday they put the shingles on the roof and I didn't have my camera with me.  Since I can't climb the roof and inspect the shingles...or should I say...I'm not gonna climb the roof and check out the shingles, I didn't take very many photos.  So here is the one of the roof...sort of.
See?  Not to much roof but it's shingled!  If you'd say something like that in the old times people would think your nuts.  No one was excited about shingles then.  Ha ha!  Gotta love the nerdy science reference.

So...did you notice the brick?  Cool huh?  Oh..and to my husband and SR....I TOLD YOU SO.  This brick looks NOTHING like the sample.  Good thing because I love this so much better.  So there!  (ok..bratty side feels avenged)
Browns Valley Sample

Browns Valley in Real Life.  I really hope someone hasn't picked Browns Valley from above and expects it to be like that.  I LOVE the mistake so THANK YOU RYAN! 

Still love it.  So pretty!  I think this is much more feminine.  My SR asked me what I meant by masculine when I was worried about the brick sample.  What I meant was...it's darker and more angular...BUT THIS....it's more curvy and lighter...more feminine.  Girl Power!  It is a common truth amongst many artist....the woman shape is more appealing....sorry guys!


I thought this was interesting.  See right in the middle where the mason tried to put a little smidgen of brick in?  At least he tried. :)  It won't matter though because this is under dirt...I'm pretty sure.

I took this shot to show you why I think they put in those spacers.  If he didn't the layers above wouldn't match quite right...so  me likey!  I'm apparently in a ridiculous mood tonight. 
And here is what you've all been waiting for!  My vandalism.  "YOW SWCK"   Hmmm....You've gotta wonder about this.   At first, I thought perhaps the u was just a little squiggly, but then I noticed the second u was exactly the same.  Whether you were sending me a message or not.....Thank you whoever wrote this.  I got a laugh out of it.  By the way...sorry that my grammar swcks sometimes.  I know the rules but I'm too much in a hurry to bother with it.  If you don't like it...then you can swck it!  I feel like I should have a sword and swck it back and forth while saying all this.
UPDATE:  They put the sliding glass door in and removed this vandalish piece of wood.  :)  Good.  I won't miss it.  Goodbye Swcky board.


And just for fun...here's the new dig in the neighborhood.  It's pretty amazing because if you know how big these machines are...LOOK how much they are cutting into this hill!  I love this site but they couldn't put a Venice there.  I was told that this will be an Oakmont.  I love the trees in the backyard. :)

7 comments:

  1. I really like the brick. It looks nothing like the sample, so I'm glad it worked in your favor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The actual brick color is much better than the sample. Looks great. By the way, the sample brick color swcks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the phrase, "It is all about appearances". I mean, if we could take a closer look on the houses today, it focuses more on the materials that could give aesthetics to their house, while the houses before focused more on the durability of the materials even though it's not that appealing for the people. Well, that's what I've noticed from the houses of the 1940's and 50's.

    Ronald Miller

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like appearances but I value quality building materials as well. I have to say...my 80 year old OLD home is nowhere near as nice and well built as my new Ryan Home. Not to mention the seal from the outside, energy efficiency and none molding basement...just to name a few.

      Delete
  4. No one was excited about shingles then because people back then had no better knowledge about the importance of a good roofing material. You’re right! Your house doesn’t have much roof to cover shingles with, but the important thing is the sturdiness of your roof. Hope to see more updates from you, Charissa!
    Conner Spear

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bricks, too, Charissa, and they really went well with your shingled roof! Anyway, speaking of the past reputation of shingles, people didn’t trust the early versions of shingles because of the various experiments that manufacturers did. It seems that they found it difficult to decide whether to take those innovations seriously or not.

    Regards,
    Willie Norman

    ReplyDelete