Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Ceiling is Finished? And The Cabinets Grew Feet!

Hello!  We got in tonight and took a few pictures.  I'll let you view the pics and check out the comments below them.  There are just a few concerns but I'm confident they will be fixed before closing which is less than 40 days away!!!!  (Fingers Crossed....we are waiting on Hubby's credit score to appear again).  Enjoy!
The siding on the left side of the house is done!  There is just a tiny little annoyance but I knew it was going to be there.  There is an  unaesthetic shadow in the siding where the two floors meet (and the house wrap overlaps).  You only will ever see it near sunset.  It is on every Ryan Home in this development.  I talked to the siding guy and he said he noticed that too so they try to feather it as much as possible in this area.  It looks like he did a pretty good job!



Look how small the humans are. My husband is carrying Kaylee around back.  He was looking for me. Ha ha..he said he didn't think I could walk that fast up the hill I was on.

My cabinets grew feet!  The last time we saw these they were in the garage.  I like the movement!

All of the vinyl flooring is down.  Here is our choice for the kitchen, morning room,front entrance and powder room.  We took the standard flooring in these parts because we are going to put our own hardwood down after closing. :)

The hallway bath has a new member too!

I liked it so much I took another.  Fairfield Maple Spice.

This is probably what I'm most excited about!  The tile is almost done in the master bath.  I LOVE IT!  See that hole part way down on the right?  I'm guessing that's for a soap dish.  We didn't ask for one and it speciafically said "NO SOAP DISH" on our paperwork from the flooring place.  I don't mind if they put one there though.  It would be cool if they did! :)

The decorative tile.  I can't wait to sit and look at this.  How Pretty!  I like it so much.  Lavender candles and bubbles and this pretty tile.  I can't wait!!!!!

Here it is again.  They obviously have to finish that back wall.

Here is the other side of the Master Bath. Finally...cabinets of my own.  His and Hers.  Yes!

My Jacuzzi again.  You can also see the cultured marble that will be installed soon.  I think it's going to look awesome!

Here is some of the ceiling.  You can see the knock down stipple.  I took this because of the nail pops.  It got really hot here and the humidity was insane.  I'm thinking that's what happened here.

I found some scratch marks on the ceiling.  I'm not sure if this is a big deal or not.  How often am I going to be looking up to analyze the marks in the ceiling?


You can see a little blob of plaster on the right here along the seam.  I will ask them to sand that.

Another little scratch in the ceiling.

The flooring in the front entry way! :)

The trim guys were there this evening.   They were moving trim and doors from the garage to their proper locations.  This must mean that the floor is going down very soon! 

The only thing that really bothers me right now.  It is hard to see in this photo but if you look just above the ceiling fan rough in and turn your gaze towards the right of the photo you can see it.  The taping of the ceiling here looks horrible.  It is much more apparent when you are in the house.  You shouldn't see any type of seam here.  The PM told me it was a mistake and that they will be fixing it.  I hope so because this is definitely something that would bother me enough to not sign on the dotted line.  It looks super crappy in person.  I look forward to it being fixed. :)

4 comments:

  1. Your house is going to be beautiful, love your lot. Can't wait for you to close,we are only a month or so behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charissa, your yard is HUGE! And your home looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the pictures. I like all the choices as well.

    I tried looking for the seam but I do not see it there. As you said it may show up more during the sunset though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're getting so close... so exciting!! Everything looks great so far!

    ReplyDelete